Marlboro Educational Foundation
The Marlboro Educational Foundation, founded in January 2000, is a private, non-profit organization that operates independently from the school district. It is comprised of Marlboro residents and business people dedicated to raising much-needed funds for innovative and creative programs not covered in the general school budget. Money is awarded to K-8 teachers via small and large grants offered each school year. A peer review commit- tee screens each application to determine eligibility for receipt of these grants.
Since its inception, the Foundation has raised over $400,000 and has awarded hundreds of grants to teachers throughout the district, enabling them to bring guest speakers, artists, and programs related to all subject areas to the students.
The Marlboro Educational Foundation supports our district in so many ways. The mission of the foundation is to promote and provide educational opportunities through innovative programs and projects. The Foundation encourages excellence through creative learning and teaching. The Foundation directly supports our Creativity and Innovation Initiative. The following grants were approved during the 2020 - 2021 school year for our students:
- Hearbuilder Online - Marlboro Elementary
- Math and Science in the Garden - Marlboro Elementary
- Museum of the American Revolution - Marlboro Elementary
- Museum of the American Revolution - Thinking Like a Historian - Marlboro Elementary
- Museum of the American Revolution – When Women Lost the Vote - Marlboro Elementary
- Scholastic Let’s Find Out & Print & Digital - Marlboro Elementary
- Science Can Dance - Marlboro Elementary
- Propelling Through Physics - Marlboro Memorial Middle School
The Marlboro Educational Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. All residents and business people in the community are encouraged to become members of the Foundation. For additional information, please contact MEF President Lisa Naboulsi or MEF Vice President Erinn Como at 732-851-4001 or visit http://www.marlboroeducationalfoundation.org